This symposium seeks papers on topics relevant to sign language translation and avatar technology such as the ones listed below. Authors are encouraged to submit papers of eight single-spaced pages or less. All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Selected revised papers will be included in a dedicated special issue of the International Journal of Universal Access in the Information Society.
- Lexicographic and linguistic approaches
- Use of corpora to inform translation
- Modelling of signing space for translation
- Handling of productive signs, classifier constructions, and constructed action
- Incorporation of non-manual features in production
- Consideration of emotional and prosodic aspects
- Requirements for signing avatar technology
- Linguistically-informed notations for gestural animation
- Use of corpora to inform animation
- Realistic animation of manual and bodily gestures
- Flexibility in animation of facial gestures and mouthing
- Evaluation results for practical translation systems
- Evaluation methodologies for signing translation systems
- Realism and acceptability of signing avatars
- Efficient content creation and editing tools for signing texts
Submit papers as PDF files via
the symposium Web site no later than July 29th, 2013.
Use the ACM
Proceedings format. All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Notifications will be sent on or near August 29th, 2013. Further details on submission and publication will be announced shortly.
For more information, or to be included on the mailing contact email@example.com.